View Single Post
Old Monday, August 14, 2006
Economist In Equilibrium
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: she won the Essay competitionBest Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMember of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: For the year 2006

Qurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura about
Default order, order, order..............!

Hmm... the discussion has taken good turn from love to democracy and then back to love...

I agree to the point that 'time' verifies the preciousness of love.

@Khuram

Your Philosophy of love is a little ambiguous for me. As i'd a good debate with you on the issue in another thread, now answer me here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khuram
Although in my own opinion, when it comes to love, one should prefer emotions to practical aspects of situation. But emotions should not be negative or even if positive, then they must not have negative implications in any sense.

When I say when it comes to love one should prefer emotions to practical aspects, here I am referring to only selfish type practical aspects.
Philosopher saab, when one is going to prefer emotions over practical aspects, how can he/ she be able to distinguish between the negative and positive emotions. The differentiation of negative and positive emotions is possible only when a person is thinking practically (hosh). So when you demand that a person should prefer emotions (josh), he / she won’t be able to justify the negative and positive aspects.
Quote:
In all other cases, one must take decision as per the situation.

Quote:
In such cases also, love can decline with time. But remember that there is really only this much room for the survival of love in this practical world. Love has value because it is rare.
Agree, but in my opinion, the decline of love is not because of time , it’s because of one’s ‘intentions’.

Quote:
Yes true love demands sacrifices but I cannot see any valid sacrifice in this case. Valid sacrifice would be that when one rejects a better option in favour one's lover. This is real sacrifice
This is no sacrifice that if one sees that now he cannot marry his lover, then he decides to not marry for his life. This would be an invalid sacrifice. .
Can you please give some example of any ‘valid sacrifice’?

Regards