View Single Post
Old Monday, August 14, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation

Khuram is on a distinguished road

@ Qurratulain

Quote:
Philosopher saab, when one is going to prefer emotions over practical aspects, how can he/ she be able to distinguish between the negative and positive emotions. The differentiation of negative and positive emotions is possible only when a person is thinking practically (hosh). So when you demand that a person should prefer emotions (josh), he / she won’t be able to justify the negative and positive aspects.
I am not equating 'emotins' with 'be-hoshi'. If a boy loves a girl and the boy also has the option of marrying some other more rich and more beutiful girl ... then 'practical' approach would be to opt for that more rich and more beutiful girl. The emotional approach here would be to remain loyal to the beloved. If the boy really loves then he should prefer emotions to practical aspects and so should remain loyal to beloved.

I am not talking of such be-hoshi type emotions as one should tear up his clothes and go to deserts and jungles in order to prove the intensity of his love. One shall prove only one's madness in this way. And if his beloved is really going to be impressed by his lover in this way ... Then I can say nothing for this case.

Both should be married in mental hospital --- of course without the consent of their respective families.

But at the same time .... I do accept that such cases are really among the rare beuties of otherwise very miserable world. We should expect few percentage of such cases because otherwise social life would become just mechanical.

In general, the emotions, about which I had talked were not any be-hoshi type emotions... those emotions were just 'selfless' type emotions which were directed towards 'loyelty' for beloved .... EVEN AT THE COST OF ANY MATERIAL BENEFITS.

Quote:
Agree, but in my opinion, the decline of love is not because of time , it’s because of one’s ‘intentions’.
Intentions also can be changed over time.

Quote:
Can you please give some example of any ‘valid sacrifice’?
I had shown in my previous post that in case a person finds it impossible to marry his beloved and so decides to remain unmarried for the rest of his life... in this case there is no real sacrifice. This is just a form of self punishment ... and in some cases can become emotional blackmailing. Some emotional unsuccessful lovers even go for the option of suicide. What is any sacrifice in suicide decision? It is just self punishment and emotional blackmailing. nothing else.

Sacrifice only means surrender of a better available options in favour of beloved... When one rejects extra material gains and remains loyel to one's beloved, only in this case one really sacrifices something. This is same situation as giving superiority to selfless emotions over materialistic practical advantages. Even this type of sacrifice would become invalid if lover makes show of such 'sacrifices' before beloved....

So real sacrifices may remain completely unknown to beloved...

The sacrifice by the beloved would be that he/she should acknowledge those sacrifices which were never told to him/her ... I mean should understand at his/her own. Even if does not understand ... act in such manner as if he/she is acknowledging the (may be unknown) sacrifices of lover.

This would be the sacrifice by the beloved...