View Single Post
Old Monday, August 29, 2005
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

Salaam Brothers,

@ Khushaal: God Job! I truly appreciate your zeal for patriotism. However, the problem is far more complex.

@ Coolness: Nice Analysis!

For your further clearance:
Dear sister, Pakistan did not join the War Against Terror to fight the Muslims. Following the Nuclear Tests of 1998 Pakistan was suffering myriad economic sanctions. Besides, after the millitary coup the international financing agencies repelled Pakistan. These were the situations under which Pakistan had to join America on that so-called war on terror.

(All this helped Pakistan to get its aids and loans resumed... economic sanctions lifted)

Besides all that, Talibans were tormenting the people of Afghanistan. They were extremists of the highest extent. The overturning of their government would be appeasing to any wise man.

Pakistan didn't join America for its war on Iraq. Though it didn't take action, but what about the rest of the Muslim Countries? They also didn't.

So far the Muslim Countries have been unable to fight West because they are so weak and infirm. The best strategy for them would be to develop themselves internally first. They should gain some weightage on the World's Political Arena before objecting things.

(Once they gather strength.. unity will follow it).

Yes... and don't criticize me for appreciating Pakistan's consent to join War-on-Terror. I just disclosed the reasons.

@ Tropican:

Brother, I see some logic in your rhetorics. I agree. You are right to say that Egypt preferred expediency rather than being emotional and sentimental. Egypt was the only one who was totally destroyed in those wars. The heaviest cost of the war was paid by Egypt. Its economy was getting crushed so ultimately it had to surrender. I won't call that act, impractical, at all. I think they were right to choose that course.

And yes,

According to you Pakistan really won't get anything much for its acceptance... because of Israel-India nexus. America and India are also friends... infact... healthier ones... but still we're with America... why?

(I reckon everybody really has accepted Israel in the hearts... but i'll not dare say that :p)

Regards,
Adil Memon

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program