View Single Post
Old Sunday, September 05, 2010
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

when i used to read the dawn newspaper, i maintained a diary to note down facts and figures from news items.

editorials were always a must read, specially the above two. i used to re-write them in my own language. that way words used in editorials became a part of my regular vocabulary and i also formed a mature opinion about issues.

from opinions, i tried to sift out the relevant ones and maintained a archive of them along with important points of the article written on a paper in handwriting. these papers come in handy at the time of revision.

but ultimately it was imtiaz shahid's book of contemporary affairs that came to my rescue in current affairs exam.

i learnt how to write english from dawn newspaper. it was very helpful for me. but its utility for others may vary.

regards,

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Adil Memon For This Useful Post:
Anaya Shah (Tuesday, September 07, 2010), Diya Roshni (Monday, May 18, 2015), fluent_20 (Monday, September 20, 2010), siddd (Tuesday, September 07, 2010), yasir11us (Tuesday, September 07, 2010)