View Single Post
Old Wednesday, October 20, 2010
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 73Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,480 Times in 622 Posts
redmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKYZ View Post
@ Sidrah:Thanx sister for this nice suggestion but it will be my last attempt next time inshallah. N I m really worried abt it.The scoring trend of Indo PaK History in 2008 was also very discouraging but i still opted it in 2009 without any prior knowledge abt the previous scoring trends in this subject.I still managed to get 122 with average papers and that thing compelled me to keep going with it in 2010.But now the whole scenario is different.I remember some qualifiers of 2008 said to us that CSS is all a number game.So go for such subjects in which there is a constant trend of good marks.And now i had to seriously think abt it.V can do only wht v can do on our part QK Taqdeer ke agay kisi ki nahin chalti irrespective of the fact how long & much u plan.
You are right dear. CSS is all number game. I have witnessed people going below 8-12 positions in final merit list on just a single goddamn number. You would see 8-10 people clinching on to the same score, say for instance 880 or 865 etc. There one realizes that if s/he had scored just one extra mark, s/he could perhaps climb 10 positions higher and likely land on to a preferred group.

I have myself changed the optional subject yesterday, after thoroughly analyzing several mark sheets on fpsc website.