View Single Post
Old Thursday, October 21, 2010

lifemysterious786 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post

Dawn etc. will definitely improve your vocabulary but will prove less effective for understanding a writing style especially for essays. That's why I am suggesting you to go for some professionally written essays on socio-political topics.

All the best.
Thank you for the suggestion, I’ll do that. Will you please suggest me more? Please tell me how you prepared exactly. The way I was preparing didn’t prove much fruitful. Pleaseeeeee suggest a study plan….and be specific coz um gonna do exactly what you suggest. Also, my subjects indo-pak history, public ad, journalism, forestry couldn’t score this time (only pushto did) but I feel like changing them. What do you think?
I know I am being sticky ….just few more questions…and I won’t bother you much then. I hope you don’t start regretting why you checked my essay

Quote:
Originally Posted by umarabbas View Post
Things are changing young lady! So the answer is yes. See the Paper did not ask whether they ARE equal at the moment. It asked whether a day CAN come when they will be equality.

The part where i handled this question comes next. So wait for that ...and pray for my interview as well..The rest of the paper also discussed why things were the way they were.

P.S look in the major towns and cities around you, i.e. Peshawar, Lahore, Islamabad etc etc. Trend is changing ...Society's outlook is changing.. and apart from a few, all the revolutions/ideas etc have been initiated by the urban intellectuals or the urban middle class intelligenstia...so keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best :P
Well, i will accept things are changing when my brother changes. He is born and brought up in Islamabad,well educated...but still a "Pathan" ..don't even let me drive and he is one super debator on women rights. If this is the situation in my house...then God help my rest of relitives back their in village...1000 of them maybe. Then..I'v been reporting (i was a journalist) the welfare and NGO's secter and managed to track down the better NGOs. Situation of women in rural areas is more then bad (I am only talking about what data i have seen and the horrible documentries on bonded labour. I should come back with the data.
But the issue is, educated or not..aware or not...the STATUS OF WOMAN is not equal to man from small and large scale decision making and freedom to do and move around. Even when she becomes financially independent, she has to deal with the complexes of the males around her.
I know i am talking from a small horizan but i just felt that guys might can't feel it...or don't consider these points among "equality".

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Friday, October 22, 2010 at 07:38 AM.