View Single Post
Old Saturday, November 06, 2010
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about

well the analysis to this questions is bi-faceted.

1- Take 2010 Trend. Journalism, mind you a very easy paper, fared poor. Islamiat also had a sad story. Take 2009 there was another set of subjects that were target. Like it or not, Believe it or not, FPSC would target different subjects at different sessions to make this whole affair unpredictable. Sometimes they mark essay tough or go easy in it, at others this may be some other subject. They would not make CSS predictable for us. Look if Journalism would always score good, people would choose it time and again. so they want us to be on our toes all the times.

2- The second aspect is perhaps what we don't want to consider at all. What is the most weak thing about a Pakistani Student. I would see many people vote for the "Analytical Approach" towards a Subject. We are good at Ratta and all but when it comes writing from our own side, or relate the different incidents to reach a conclusion, we fail utterly bad in it.

So Islamiat paper was a bit general. but being general does not mean that you cannot write/plug in Ahadis or Quranic Ayahs, except ofcourse the all famous MCQs.

Give Islamiat a general ready, especially from Dawn. and develop your understanding because now the FPSC would not ask you to "Write the Benefits of Roza to a Muslim". They will be more interested in "Roza Sabar ki Talkeen Karta hay, but ramzan mey hamari society mey larai jhagra bhar jata hay. Aisa q hota hay"....