View Single Post
Old Saturday, November 27, 2010
40th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 163

Sakk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazibRoomi View Post
O man!!!!!!!! don't you think I put forward rather a simple question and your reply was extremely complicated.

Finally, let me clarify that in my earlier post, I made no comment about Prophet Muhammad. I am well aware of the self defense (which is legal even according to UN charter: article 51) nature of his wars against Meccans. I questioned about that history of aggression which started at a full fledged pace during Umer's Caliphate and perfected by the Ummayad Caliph Waleed Bin Abdul Malik.
The expansion which you are referrring to by Hazrat Umar(RA) and other khulfa-e-rashideen was not aggressive expansion at all, it was pre decided during Muhammad(PBUH) life. Only those areas to which Muhammad (PBUH) wrote letters and who did not subjected were conquered, there was not a single inch aggressed beyond that. If you remember Hazrat Umar(RA) once mentioned ka "Mein chahta hoon ka in ka darmiyan darya dajla ho, ka ye wohi ruk jaye aur ye silsila yahi khattam ho jaye" the reason is that he has only expanded which were mentioned to him by holy prophet.

Now comes the question of Ummayad and Abbasids, they were the super power of their time and their expansion was purely on their own. Usually people connect the expansionary and hegemonic aggression policy of ummayads and abbasids with khulfa-e-rashideen. Which is totally incorrect. They were at power and to keep abreast with their mentality they expanded, although their intension was not purely Islamic. Example was Muhammad Bin Qasim who was sent by Hajjaj Bin Yusaf to conquer Sindh, but as new Khalifa took over, he recalled Muhammad Bin Qasim and sentence him to death on his personal grudges.