View Single Post
Old Monday, December 06, 2010

Mossavir Wazir will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhurst View Post
So MLCG is basically involved in Civic Management. I think if local bodies are made functional which are due to be made functional by mid 2011 and their domain is extended to Cantonment areas then MLCG will not have much work left to do. Also, property tax collection etc. should be the work of Provincial Excise & Taxation Department. Since Cantonment Areas are part of the province and do not fall geographically outside the province's geographical boundary there is no justification of separate property tax collection. This can be done easily by extending the jurisdiction of Provincial Excise & Taxation Departments over Cantonment areas by a simple law passed by Provincial Assemblies. Military officers are also interested in getting assigned to these posts. In these circumstances the very survival of MLCG is in jeopardy and that was the very reason fresh induction was discontinued during Musharraf's era. What do you think?
Brother Army GHQ also comes in a division geographically but will that mean GHQ is headed by a Commissioner? No.

Survival? I don't know what exactly you meant by this word but as far as the duties are concerned. Brother it has been like this since this group came into existence. Before Musharraf after Musharraf whatever....these duties are performed by the CEO. and one thing more...Tehsils Districts Divisions are separate than Cantonments. and as far as the question of induction goes. It has been answered by me earlier but I'll say it again that it was ceased by Musharraf due to other reasons. Corruption but mainly because of his own interest.