View Single Post
Old Friday, December 17, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010

Thanked 1,291 Times in 524 Posts
Viceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to behold

I am also done with my psychological test here in Islamabad, and there are a couple of things I'd like to add to this thread.

The test is a bit more lengthy than you think especially if this is the first time you're appearing in it and you don't know much. Our first day tests started a while after 9 in the morning and continued till 2 PM with a couple of small breaks and one 30 minute break.

Day 1

On the first day, we had to take a number of tests, I can recall the following.

- An intelligence test predominantly based on English words and alphabets, you were required to solve simple trick questions. Not a big deal.

- An IQ test based on diagrams, there is a sequence of diagrams with one missing and you have to complete the sequence choosing from the given options. This test was lengthy and the difficulty level was also higher. No one in my group could answer all questions in this test.

- Completion of sentences: These are simple sentence like "Life is...." and "My sister is ......." but you have to be very quick in going through this test because once the alloted time is over, they still make you complete the test and do negative marking from there on. This test is taken twice on Day 1.

- True/False: In this test there are a number of statements written about you and you have to mark then True or False as you believe them to be, examples can be "I get enraged easily" and "I have problems talking to strangers" etc.

- Then there are the test which Khizer Hayat has already explained in his post.

Summary of Day 1 Tests is that you have to be very quick as time is really short for all the tests I have enlisted. Just mark the answer at your first thought and try to complete all tests in time especially the sentence completion test. Make sure you have a lead pencil, rubber and a sharpener.

Day 2

Things on Day 2 are easier (personal opinion) as you don't have to fill any forms or take speed tests. Your group will be brought in front of the panel where the panel will first assign you an Urdu topic for discussion and then and English topic. For our group, the Urdu topic was "Pakistan aalmi sazishoon ki amajgah bana huwa hay" and the English topic was "Electronic media's role is getting dubious", something like that.

Just stay cool and calm and discuss the topic the way you like, don't over power the discussion and respect others' point of view. Don't try to cut anyone in the middle and take your turn at a suitable moment during the discussion.

Then there is a command task. Some command tasks are very interesting while most of them were boring in our group. My task was the best one I think as I was to act as the DCO who had summoned a meeting to discuss plan after some sectarian violence had had occurred in the city, costing few lives and a sit in was also staged. It's written in instructions that you don't need to assign roles to your group members but mostly candidates do this for making it simple.

So I think that's pretty much all I had to share, if you have any questions, let me know.

Last edited by Viceroy; Friday, December 17, 2010 at 12:33 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Viceroy For This Useful Post:
Dr. Farhan (Friday, December 17, 2010), Faisal Rana (Monday, December 20, 2010), floydian (Friday, December 17, 2010), Gul Khan (Friday, December 17, 2010), Kamran (Friday, December 17, 2010), maliasghar (Friday, December 24, 2010), tknw01 (Sunday, December 19, 2010), Waseim (Sunday, November 08, 2015)