View Single Post
Old Thursday, January 06, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

New Student has a spectacular aura aboutNew Student has a spectacular aura about

@Sociologist PU Bhai

Yes there is sharp contrast of views between the liberals and religious schools graduates. I believe that the main reason on differing point of views is lack of communication between the two. I will present my own example as I have studied in christian missionary school and till masters was influenced by the western way of thinking mainly because I haven't heard other point of view. Whatever I have learnt about Islam or religion is by seeing things while wearing west's spectacles.
However, over time when I met with the graduates from deeni madrassas and their aalims, then I came to know about their viewpoint.

It is true that deeni madrassa's graduates are not much aware about the international relations, politics or modern sciences, but same applies to the graduates of western system of education, about Islam. This contrast in views is shown in every walk of life and conflict is certain between the two.

I think there are two easy solutions, if one really wants to resolve this:

1. Increase communication between the two by student exchange programs of short duration.

2. Add subjects of science and international relations (any other subject as one can chose) in madrassas syllabus and add Quran (short sura's with explanation), Hadis and fiqh in western styled education institutions.

I am sure in the current situation none of the side is willing to do that. However, may be in future it becomes possible.

Other possibility is establishment of uniform system of education throughout the country. Although, it is impossible to have complete consensus on issues, but however, the degree of difference in point of views will certainly be reduced if both sides have similar backgrounds in education.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to New Student For This Useful Post:
SAMEYA AROOJ (Monday, January 14, 2013), Sociologist PU (Thursday, January 06, 2011)