View Single Post
Old Wednesday, February 02, 2011
40th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 27

mani1 has a spectacular aura aboutmani1 has a spectacular aura aboutmani1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Island View Post
If we follow your suggestions, the purpose behind running this forum will die.
Knowledge, information and guidance is for all and sundry - free of cost, free of restrictions.
Registration is free so I don't see what the problem is. Secondly if someone can not even fill a 2 min form (which you believe is analogous to a restriction) then how can you expect more information and knowledge to be imparted here? How will someone who does not even gives 2 mins of his to a forum he/she is leeching information and knowledge from give back to the community? Registration fulfills the exact purpose you listed and gives it an entirely new dimension. When more people register, they tend to participate more. sharing ideas, generating more traffic and sharing more knowledge.

Let me add here, and it is very important, that forums which rely on guests to generate traffic eventually die as there is little to none new activity (thread and posts) . The net is filled with such examples and if needed I can also share them here.

Anyways, I am done here. If you feel it isn't a good idea, feel free to close this thread
The Following User Says Thank You to mani1 For This Useful Post:
bear (Wednesday, February 02, 2011)