View Single Post
Old Monday, February 07, 2011

venomencer is on a distinguished road
Default High court

If you are Bar at Law from Lincolns Inn, u are competent to appear before high court.
Well, after doing ur LLB, u will have to submit ur first intimation form (showing the date on which u started ur apprenticeship), a written examination followed by an interview would be held under the supervision of concerned Bar Council. Now u have got enough experience to practise as a lawyer and appear before district courts. You still cant appear before High court. After two years another exam would be held where you would provide a list of 20 cases, in which you had been engaged as a counsel (during ur district court license period). tadah.........and here is ur High court license.

And remeber............for a Supreme Court's licnse u will have to practise another ten years (after u have acquired ur High Court's license) in order to being eligible for ur license exam.

I have used wordings "have to" bcoz all of what i have said are pre-requisites for ur license examination, there is no other way.
Hope u got my point
shahzad but (Wednesday, May 25, 2011), Stunner (Monday, February 07, 2011)