View Single Post
Old Thursday, September 15, 2005
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Appreciation

Diplomat is on a distinguished road
Default Most important paper (Essay)

Essay writing is the first and most important paper in CSS examination. There is a general perception that one should prepare all other 11 subjects but no need of any thorough preparation for essay writing. I totally disagree with all those who think that either one cannot or one should not prepare for this particular paper. Essay writing needs at least as much preparation and attention as any other subject, if not more than other subjects.

I have met many individuals who have even attempted CSS but they don’t know what essay really is. This is the main reason that every year around 60 to 70 % candidates fail to get 40 marks in essay paper. When such candidates come out of examination hall they show off by telling their friends that they wrote 23 pages and when after a few months they get their marks sheets they are shocked to see that they just have 23 marks in essay. Marks like 10, 20 and 25 are quite common in essay writing. For your surprise sometime candidates get zero. This happens when one has totally misunderstood and misjudged meaning of proposition.

Now the question arises how to proceed and prepare? The answer is one should develop a crystal-clear view about essay and essay writing. In an earlier post I have recommended en.wikipedia.org , I would suggest all those who are preparing for CSS that they must visit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/essay

Some of you might have seen past papers of essay and might have thought that it is an easy paper as one has maximum choices as compare to any other paper. It is a fact that one may have 10 propositions to choose from but I think most of you had not paid heed to a note written in all of past papers, it is

“Write a comprehensive and analytical essay on one of the following topics:”

As far as the word comprehensive is concerned it is quite clear that one has to write several pages but what is the real meaning of word analytical in essay writing. For your information there are several types of essays and analytical essay is a specific type. If you will write an excellent essay but it is not analytical then it is quite likely that you will get less than 40. I will suggest that you should research web and find out what are analytical essays. You can view my post for having an idea of analytical essays.

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/showthrea...=2648#post2648

Essay writing is a pure art and like any other art it really needs thorough and extensive practice and preparation. I personally know people who are expert and professional essay writers and they are earning thousands of dollars by selling their essays on the web.

From my point of view your command on English language is the most significant ingredient for qualifying CSS. If on the basis of several years of education and studies you have developed a sublime expression in written English then you have got a fair chance to qualify CSS. Those who are weak in English or have pathetic written expression it is simply not possible to qualify. They should better improve their English and then think of appearing in CSS.

As I have worked as a Concept & Creative Writer in an Internet Marketing Company so I have got a fair idea of what essay writing is. Some seniors have given tips on essay writing but I don’t think anyone has raised such points. I will be sharing some other insights about essay writing and other papers in future so do continue with me and let me know your opinions about my views.
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to Diplomat For This Useful Post:
aamir1259 (Saturday, June 13, 2009), Abdullah Azzam Ch (Thursday, June 16, 2016), adil raza khalil (Wednesday, May 21, 2008), Afnan Malik (Friday, July 19, 2013), alinaqi (Saturday, December 08, 2012), asad5 (Thursday, December 09, 2010), azeegum (Sunday, February 14, 2010), Chattha Sahab (Sunday, September 23, 2012), dr.taqi abass (Friday, January 30, 2009), engrishaq (Tuesday, August 25, 2009), fahid ch (Thursday, January 26, 2017), falak (Friday, September 05, 2008), Farhanali13555 (Tuesday, April 28, 2015), Greenland (Wednesday, July 18, 2018), gulzarchandio (Sunday, August 22, 2010), headache (Thursday, January 03, 2013), iftikhar bhatti (Tuesday, January 15, 2013), kakay (Wednesday, November 06, 2013), M.Murtaza (Saturday, February 28, 2009), munaza fatima (Wednesday, February 10, 2016), MUNIR AKHTAR (Sunday, March 29, 2009), Naveed_Bhuutto (Monday, February 15, 2010), Nida Kazmi (Sunday, June 08, 2014), Nosheen Bukhari (Sunday, November 18, 2012), oceanoffeelings (Thursday, September 06, 2012), pure (Saturday, August 22, 2009), qudus (Monday, March 24, 2008), raviz (Thursday, January 29, 2015), RJ STYLE (Sunday, November 10, 2013), saba shaheen (Tuesday, February 05, 2013), Shafaq Qamar (Wednesday, February 05, 2014), sheralijakhrani (Monday, February 10, 2014), sohn pari (Thursday, October 27, 2016), sweet doll (Monday, October 01, 2012), Tehman Khan (Saturday, May 25, 2013), Traveller (Monday, March 25, 2013), Umer (Thursday, March 12, 2009), usman munir (Tuesday, September 13, 2011), Waqas77 (Tuesday, August 28, 2012)