View Single Post
Old Monday, February 14, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Saleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to behold

I think there is no harm in attributing a single day for "love" if observed with in certain limits, traditions and norms.Opposition only on the grounds that its a western idea ,in my opinion, amounts to myopism. Certain quarters, especailly the low lieterate mullahas and religious organisations oppose any thing new introduced in our social life.They have distorted the very essence of the great religion, islam.If we follow their understanding of Islam, then our females should veil their faces, TV etc should be prohibited, coeducation has no compatibility with islam and so on.....i read somewhere that when initialy loud speaker was introduced in Sub continent , many Mullahs said that saying azan on this device is "KUFR,Biddat etc.

We have restricted islam to appearances, dogmas, rituals etc and have forgotten the very basic thing ,the conscious.Islam is something that make you feel inside.It is religion of love and peace.In subcontinent , the sainst and soofis advocated love and peace not only co religious but for the entire humanity.This was the reasons that millions of people entered in Islam.