View Single Post
Old Thursday, February 17, 2011

Witchdoctor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootingstar View Post
i think you have not read my post carefully....one can hve degree without knolwdge....but knowledge with degrees,i am not sure about that...

do u know who Shakespeare was?he had any degree?and the Mr. Plato and Socrates they were the most knowledgeable ppl of their time..but ironically they were not graduates....knowledge does not come with degrees but sometimes degrees do come without knowledge...don't u see our parliamentarians...
Socrates and plato didn't had degrees? What is your concept of a degree? Plato was the one who founded what is said to be the "first university" near Athens in 385 BC. He founded that university and called it his Academy, and devised the concept of teaching his pupils and confering degrees upon them after testing them in logic and reason. Degrees didn't exist before Socrates and Plato. So who was supposed to give them degrees? Angels?
You said they didn't do Graduation. Again that makes no sense because they were considered Doctors, philosophers, pedagogues, thinkers, mathematicians, astrologers and all that one can imagine. According to your present degree system, they are Post-doctorate degrees holders, Nobel-prize winners, and you are comparing them to our street urchins, and parliamentarians?
To simply put it, they had no degrees because degrees didn't exist in their times, and they are the founders of degrees.
About Shakespeare! Yes degrees existed in his times but he didn't do graduation or masters, and for that reason he wasn't allowed to take any competitive exam. He was a writer and not an official of the British Empire, as you can see.
Again your questions were logically flawed. Bring forth something worthy of discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootingstar View Post
i am not in favour of unlimited number of seats...i just suggested that if more ppl are to compete then why cannot they raise the stakes as well...

i am referring to India coz the writer of the article pasted by call for change compared Pakistan with India and Bangladesh...i don't want to differ from the main source,,,,,

i don't want to get personal...but i am not afraid of anyone...as i told you earlier knowledge is not dependent upon degrees and age...i am never afraid of competition...i can fight till my last breath

They are raising the stakes as well. Till 2008 we had 195 vacant posts to be filled while now we have 300 to 400, and 600 expected for 2012.
About being personal! You have been personal with Shamoon Qureshi, the architect of that long brilliantly written article mentioned above, and with all those who want age to be exteneded so that they can take this exam.
you don't want them to take exam so you can get a post easily. Right?
And you cannot fight, you are afraid of the competition like anything, or why would you bring forth allegations against age relaxation prospect? You are so afraid.
Just kidding!

Last edited by Mao Zedong; Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 10:56 AM.