View Single Post
Old Thursday, March 10, 2011
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,576 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of

Hindi-Urdu controversy

__Amalgamation of Arabic,Persian,Turkish

__Had many names like Hindustani.Shahjahani,Lashkari

__Was Introduced as an official language of Sub-Continent in 1825

__Symbol of Muslim unity and culture

__Hindi-Urdu controversy--------->1867_____Demand of Devanagri script by Hindus

Sir Syed's services for protection of Urdu;

-On Hindi-Urdu controversy,in1868 he declared Muslims and Hindus as two nations.

"I am convinced now that Hindus and Muslims could never become one nation

as their religion and way of life was quite distinct from eachother"
__(Sir Syed to Mr.Shakespeare,1868)

-In 1871 George Cambell,the Lt.Governor of Bengal ordered that Urdu should be scrapped from the syllabus books.

-In 1887 Sir Syed demanded a "Dar-ul-Tarjuma" from Government.

-He established central association in Allahabad and used the platform of scientific society for protection of Urdu.

-In 1900 the U.P Governor Anthony MacDonal ordered to use Hindi as official language.

__Nawab Mohsin-ul-Mulk criticized Governor's decision

-established Urdu defence society (protested against Anthony's decision)

-setup Anjuman-i-Tarakki-i-Urdu in Aligarh,it produced several books on Urdu literature under supervision of Maulvi Abdul had,the baba-i-Urdu
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farrah Zafar For This Useful Post:
candidguy (Saturday, April 09, 2011), Waqar Abro (Sunday, March 13, 2011)