View Single Post
Old Saturday, March 12, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,347 Times in 1,010 Posts
Shooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociologist PU View Post
I dont know how irretated are other members but i am fed up of the advertisement pollution spread by the mobile phone companies these days. Every now and then the msg tone rings and one finds a new offer or ad of a service you never need.
And look at their ads on TV. How they bring young girls in mini dresses and ask us "hum apni nazaron say larkiuon ka akhtram karna kub seekhian gain" Waha, waha. Somebody should tell them that nobody will respect the girls if they will do such act in your ads on tv. I wonder where are the regulatory authorities that can bring some sense in their marketing tricks ? Where is PTA ? For how long they will continue to offer "ghanta Offer" and "night Package" to young boys and girls ?

lets protest against this unethical and anti-social advertisement of these revenue-hungry mobile phone companies who are disturbing our social values and norms for their vested interest.
a very nice topic indeed...

i agree with you upon the statement that marketing techniques used these days are really cheap...some example
1)look how they degrade rival companies(look at ads of jazz and ufone,also Ariel and Bright washing powder)in their ads.it is against the ethics of journalism.

2)i am very much against these"night packages"...it is completely nonsense..how can they defend this offer?even if someone is away from his/her family..and they have to go to university or to job the next morning..how can they wait till 12am to talk to their family and it is also likely that half of the members of the family must be sleeping by that time these companies are misleading our youth..it is a sheer waste of time,money and most importantly morals.
if they really want to give compensation to ordinary ppl,the should give it in the form of lower rates without any package activation and offer subscription,at day time.

3)one more thing which i have personally noticed is the shocking literally invisible font of "original charges"and terms and conditions....they never tell what is the original cost of subscription of an offer.you can only see that line with microscope.....this shows the general trend of hypocrisy in our national character and over all matters coz media is a mirror of society.

4)about ads on mobiles:it is a good sign that Pakistan is progressing in terms of IT.we are now becoming aware of e-commerce but the major problem is that the ethics are not taken into consideration in this rat-race.

5)girls are now being shown as "show pieces".we cannot deny the fact that"wajood-e-zan se hai tasweer-e-kainat main rang"...it is not a good thing either to just cut them totally off from the whole business...but their should be a moral code that what should be shown and what's not.
it is really condemnable thing that now 70 to 80% of ad feature a young couple...what kindda msg it give to our youth?
i don't agree with your statement....if a girl is in whatever dress,it is not right to tease her.. if a person has no ethics it does not mean that you loose yours....and i am very satisfied with that commercial that at least they are raising voice for females who really suffer this kindda treatment...trust me,if you are in veil,i am telling you ppl do tease you....now that old "candy bar"example is also somewhat irrelevant...men also have some social duties and responsibilities....app larki hoon to app ko pata chaly.

P.S---personally,i think these forward msg's are also being made by these companies..to boost let ppl achieve the target of 50000 sms per month otherwise most of us never do 5 to 20 actual msgs per day...hardly 2% ppl among us would have time to search and write and draw pictures and forward them.

the solution for all this is:Only "education"--Both of media and ppl.

regards