View Single Post
Old Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Andrew Dufresne is just really niceAndrew Dufresne is just really niceAndrew Dufresne is just really niceAndrew Dufresne is just really niceAndrew Dufresne is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazibRoomi View Post
A matter of further surprise to me is that mukt remarks "either you are a lier or you are a gay" are decent and formal in your dictionary.
It was edited as soon as it came to my notice.

Quote:
In this thread I post a reply only because i found a remark by socialogist pu discriminatory gender wise. That had nothing to do with religion. Even my second reply is related to this social issue and I did not specifically discussed religious view point towards Hijjab.
I sure did observe it and you replied to it and expressed your views. Was it deleted or even edited? Not at all.

There are few things every member should keep in mind. We never claimed to provide a platform where people can come up with whatever controversial topic or ideas they have in mind and discuss it here. The purpose and rules of the forum are clearly mentioned in the relevant sections of the forum.

We try not to interfere in any discussion but when the discussion takes a polemical turn, we have to jump in and edit or delete all such posts. Sure some members dislike this but our aim is to keep the forum's environment academic and we will keep doing it come hell or high water.

We expect members to stick to the topic during discussion. Threads are closed, eidted, deleted usually for the reason that the discussion took the direction of the tangential subject, instead of focusing on the main one.

Then there is also the good old rule about personal attacks and politically incorrect comments. We frown upon them.

Now if some member posts contentious and controversial comments, criticizes the religion and then asks innocently "So what is issue here?" then its my turn to feel surprised.

Quote:
I wonder when I started thread in islamiat section under the topic Tahzeebi Nargasiat, both my remarks and the book i suggested was kind of you know which a conservative muslim may find radical or even offensive. But you not only thanked that post but also added to my reputation point with appreciating remarks.
As a matter of fact, I didn't just give you reputation point and thanked you, I also downloaded 140 pages of that book, converted it to PDF and uploaded it for general public access. This just reiterates the point: as long as any post does not violate the rule, does not create useless controversy, does not negatively affect the decorum of the forum we do not even touch it.

Its all about the rules. Nothing else! There is no bias at work here. All the posts, from you and other members, which were not related to the thread or had offensive statements have been edited or deleted.

Quote:
Andrew I want say something but you are continuously deleting my post. I just want to know what is wrong with this sentence "ab yeah batain chahay islami bhi hoon laikin mera zahan tou in ko nahi manta." Aasi tou hazaroo batain hain jo kai log kahtay hain Islami hain or kai kahtay hain gair Islami hain. So what is issue here?
Quote:
I hope that you wont delete this post as this has nothing to do with religion.
Rule of thumb is we do not entertain any query questioning our decisions. Member do express their disagreement, their argument is considered impartially by the management and then it's either accepted or denied. We do not justify ourselves. We do not convince the disgruntled member at all.
You gave your argument, it's been considered and turned down. Now do not expect any other post from us on this matter. We do what we have to do with no explanation given to any member.

It seems you have difficultly in understanding what would be offensive to the majority of the members. Your comments, your views are out of the scope of this forum. There are plenty of sites on net where you can say things like "ab yeah batain chahay islami bhi hoon laikin mera zahan tou in ko nahi manta." and no one would raise an eye brow. This is not one of those forums.

My previous post still stands! You are not allowed to participate in any discussion pertaining to religion.

This post is directed to all the members. Any other post unrelated to the topic 'Cheap Marketing Tricks by Mobile Phone Cos' will be deleted. Any personal attack from any member will be dealt with strictly.