View Single Post
Old Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Banned

mukt will become famous soon enoughmukt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootingstar View Post
it is very disappointed that we make every matter a religious matter.
why you ppl are attaching morality with religion generally and particularly Islam.
this is a fairly secular question related to morality and ethics and remember it was in the paper of journalism not islamiyat...
I am sorry to disappoint you but all the ethical and moral values are defined and derived from religion(s). For example, for "x", killing innocent people will be moral while for "y" saving their lives will be moral. Who decides whats bad and good or correct & wrong? A Line must be drawn, some rules must be followed.

Quote:
i think we should not indulge every matter with Islam....advocating Islam here means that you are saying that ppl belonging to other religions have all the rights to spread immorality...then those mobile companies can be justified in a way..coz
1)they are mostly owned by western non-Muslims..2)they can defend themselves any where against your stance by saying that they only feature non-Muslim ppl in their ads,3)these ads are directed towards non-Muslims..
then how can you prove your point?
Minorities can practice and preach whatever they feel like as long as it is according to the Law and as long as the receiver is interested and wants to hear, however if "x" is Not Interested in hearing from "y" while "Y" continuously floods "x" with his word(s), then that's HARASSMENT and not advertisement etc. There is a big difference between HARASSMENT and Advertisement.

Quote:
the thing is that we should also see the things from others point of view as well.
we think we are the champions of islam and drag our religion in every futile matter as it is a very petty thing..don't degrade religion like this...grow up and give arguments by logic not by being how religious you ppl are.
Religion is a part of our day to day life, regardless you agree or not (that's a fact) At least, for a Muslim. No one is trying to be champion of Islam however the situation sometimes demands quotations and references from it because that's what people believe in. For example, "x" is trying to convince "y" (Assume "y" blindly or reasonably trusts "z") .. "y" refuses to agree with "x" arguments, "x" gives reference of "z" and explains that its point is derived from "z" and that "z" is in compatibility with me i.e "x", this makes it easier for "y" to understand and accept it. Similarly, I gave reference from Islam assuming the opposite person is a Muslim and even If he/she considers me wrong, At least he will give some weight to his/her Religion. On a side note, kindly do point out only 1 illogical and unreasonable argument of mine so that I can justify it because everything I said so far is completely compatible with logic & Reasoning.

Quote:
P.S plz mods,don't delete this post as you did with my previous one...it is a humble request.
I agree. Please do NOT delete his post, neither mine. Let everyone have a chance to read it and comment.

NOTE : I Apologize for using an unacceptable word i.e g_y. However, My Intentions were not to hurt someone, regardless of my Intentions I figured that my friend "JazibRoomi" Has been offended with it which is why I sincerely Apologize and assure everyone that such offensive word shall never be used (at least by me)

I also would like to say that I agree with Andrew. I only wanted to have an open discussion but considering the nature of this forum, rules & other ethical and moral constraints, I think it's best to stay in limits and use language as polite as possible. So again, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone who were offended with my post(s). Thanks