View Single Post
Old Saturday, March 19, 2011

Shamoon is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Self Reference Criterion!

I really appreciate both guys viewpoints, one is an academician who asserts influence by capitalizing his knowledge and other is a banker who asserts his influence by capitalizing money. Very good guys!...

Both guys posts are reflecting their 'self reference criterion' tendencies. One is 24 years old and proposing to reduce age limit to 25 years and presenting his case as an epitome. Other is advocating to stretch the age limit to the extent that he may be accommodated and may avail three chances if he fails to get through css 2011 or doesn't get his desired group i.e. PSP.

My dears neither everyone is as lucky as you nor blessed with so many opportunities to set his career direction at a tender age. There are number of the people who wanted to become something but became something else. Our country is a third world corrupt country and large number of population is unable to fulfill their basic needs. How come you guys think that they will be able to make plans like a self actualized man. Remember Abraham Maslow's theory regarding 'hierarchy of need'. Without satisfaction of basic needs, no one can jump to the next level of needs.

It is for sure that 8 to 10 years back most middle class people used to choose pre-engineering with the hope of becoming an engineer but having failed to realize their much coveted dream, they opt for other options and become something else that they never had dreamt of. Why is this so? Because most of the middle class people don't have councilling set up at home or in family or community to consult with and seek guidance. Rather they take inspiration only without knowing the path to 'how to become what'. This is the dilemma of our society.

May be you would know that the maximum age limit of getting through 14 years of bachelor's registration at university is 28 as approved by HEC and for 16 years of education it is 33 years. Take the worst case scenario, if one passes his/her 16 years of education at 33 years for any reason e.g one of my friend had to discontinue his education for 6 years due to his heart surgery then are such people not eligible? Think out of the box rather than getting choked to death in a cocoon.

@mani1: You mentioned in your second point that the professor is joining the civil services because of having ample opportunities for corruption? Is that what you think? It shows that you are interested to join the civil services to institutionalize corruption and become a rampant corruption machine in civil services? You should reset your intent of having such obnoxious thinking! For you 'civil service' is a misnomer it should have been 'corruption service'.