View Single Post
Old Monday, March 21, 2011
40th CTP (CTG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 400

aphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the rough

@ mjkhan

China isnt exactly a bully seen in contrast to US or Russia. However they are very clear about their objectives and regional interests. China's goal has been to improve upon its economic strength first and foremost, and it is wise enough not to unnecessarily pounce upon its neighbors or other rivals, militarily. Their motto is, that if their interests can be secured by peaceful, easygoing means, then they need not wring up other states. So they dont want undue chaos on their behalf in world relations and for the moment would like to quietly observe from a distance. Smart. However I also know that it is being given a chance to grow as well, something Pakistan is being hindered from.

Russia, on the other hand doesnt follow a similar policy. It is imperialistic in approach and as in the past, will follow the same route as soon as it can. Russia had motives in Pakistan in 1979 and it still does, and it primarily wanted a warm water port and access to the Indian ocean. The reason why it chose to use aggression for the purpose has its origins in the myopia of Pakistani establishment to pick USA over Russia in its heydays despite the latter's initial overtures. This is why, Pakistan needs to work hard to create renewed relations with Russia and get off the American bandwagon gradually. That will also be a bulwark against India that is now slowly inclining itself to the US bloc. We need to realize this ASAP or it will get too late to mend.

Iran is actually alot more detrimental for Pakistani interests than Afghanistan's unstable situation. Very few people know that Iran-India have signed a military alliance called Delhi Declaration (2003?) that agrees to come to aid to each other's side if a war begins with a 3rd state. India has also firmly established economic, trade, and military presence in Iran as much as in Afghanistan, spending billions of dollars on infrastructure development. Iran, is an ideologically motivated state and also wants to gain hegemony of as much of Islamic territory that it can. It is the only official Shia state (I am saying this with total indifference to the belief system, focusing only on the impact) and it is in their interest to reach over to other states and so support all Shiite origin organizations and outfits like Hezbollah. It however, DOES NOT support military strikes against libya or western involvement there in any way.It has made it very clear, although it supports and views the public uprising there as a road to Islamism. For its part, it is ready to play a very assertive role in the middle east. Its warships have already entered the Suez, and it is sending in arms to the region- one consignment even being intercepted by Turkey. So it supports popular uprising all over the region due to ideological considerations, not just cornering around Shiaism. It would want any future confrontation with the West to preferably occur in the middle east- faraway from home ground and in a coalition.

@Saad Qaisrani

Why does it make you laugh Saad? Have I not given proper figures? Or based even my assumptions on logical pattern? Assumptions or theories, when based on thorough calculation of odds and evens support facts later. It is precisely the lack of brainstorming that Pakistanis are suffering from. So are you trying to prove that all the think tanks that are the backbone of western political systems are fallacious? They think up of possible alternatives to a situation and work up solutions. What do you have to say about the Game theory, that focuses specifically on that criteria? Can you point out to any part of my post that refers to some whacko conspiracy theory?

There is nothing wrong in challenging some idea or person, but please bear in mind that you must have an alternate idea to support yours in its place, instead of harboring an apologist's stance. A lot better than mere criticism for someone's concerns is the provision of answers, i.e, if one is apt enough to do so. If you are challenging the concept of ulterior motives then I guess youre oblivious to the "oil game' too!
Btw, I am perplexed on your take on Western agenda. Is it your lack of sense of justice or a state of melancholy youre in because you happen to be a Pakistani and not a Westerner?

@Ahmed_2007_Cool

Well ,well the world will never be truly free of flatterers, will it?

If intelligence, knowledge or critical thinking is the sole property of CSP's then its only God's guess why our bureaucracy is infested with generally, low IQ thugs who barely manage to hold the fork and the knife in correct hands. Thats how most of them begin their careers and they learn how to conduct themselves in public only later. However, most of them are exceptionally proficient in rot-learning facts and coupled with a lil bit of luck and that lovely quota of that remote part of the country, they manage to make it there. Real men of understanding and calibre, opt out of the services within the first 5 years, my dear! They can handle the low remuneration, but they just cant handle the mediocre atmosphere. You need some more research on this issue.

However, this does not mean I doubt Qaisrani's capability, for I cant be too judgmental about the 4 lines he has written. Secondly, I have just given my papers this year, so- "It aint over till the fat lady sings".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aphrodite For This Useful Post:
Invincible (Monday, March 21, 2011), mjkhan (Monday, March 21, 2011), young hopeful (Monday, March 21, 2011)