View Single Post
Old Friday, October 20, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

I M Possible will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by intellectual
Salam

Well, i agree with Mazhar, there are many heroes alive in our country who can make the difference.
but at the same time i will also like argue that, Our country has seen both, civilian democratic governments and military regimes, if we are cursing only military regimes it will be unfair, becuase civilian governments have not done any batter. Take any government of the past, none has proved to be the real representative of the people.
what nawaz sharif did in his second term, he just tried to concentrate all powers to his hands and become the supreme authority. Can u call it democracy? it wz sheer dictatorship, wasn't it...?
Yeah but at times, we also have to think over the negative points of our favourite heroes. Thereis another side ofthe picture too. Musharaf is good in a sense but he has some negative points too but he is pretty smart to cover up many of them at all.

Regards