View Single Post
Old Saturday, October 21, 2006

jsmawais is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Bravo!

You are 100% right... but, I would like to point out 1 thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouzia
In an islamic country such as pakistan women who wear hijab r feeling difficulty in continuing their studies or job...if they r not expelled,they are suspected because this is not the policy of government.At men,s side youth who wear shalwar kameez and keep a beard r expelled from their jobs......
THIS IS EXTREMELY BAD, BUT, IT SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM ONLY IN ISLAMABAD & SIMILAR CITIES.
My name is Abdul Rehman. I am 17 years old. I was born in Peshawar and I have been living in Peshawar since then. In Peshawar, I hardly have seen any lady wearing pant-shirts or similar clothes, in my whole life. Most women wear head scarf and some wear hijab & burqa. Such women drive cars, get education in co-education systems, do jobs, go shopping and do almost everything. They are not discriminated in anyway whatsoever, despite their Islamic dress code.

I feel that NWFP is much more inclined towards religion than other provinces. Religious knowledge seems to be spreading like fire in my province. Almost 80% of the people like to study religion and try to follow as much as they can. Even the remaining ones have a similar desire, deep down in their hearts.

Let us all pray that we Muslims start following Islam in all spheres of life. (AAMEEN)

Regards,
Abdul Rehman.