View Single Post
Old Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Economist In Equilibrium
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: she won the Essay competitionBest Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMember of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: For the year 2006

Qurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura about

@impossible

your explaination sounds good but just have a look at my point. I mentioned that the earth takes one day (24 hrs and some minutes to rotate on its axis) then the difference of the time of sightening the moon should also have been the same in case both the regions would have been on the opposite faces of the globe. But Saudi Arabia and Pakistan do not lay on the opposite faces of the globe, neither Pakistan & Indonesia and never the regions with in Pakistan (NWFP and other provinces).

Ok, i accept your explaination of time difference and regional effect for a moment then, we should have one day difference in the sightening, not that of two days.

Regards,