View Single Post
Old Saturday, October 28, 2006

jsmawais is on a distinguished road
Red face Lolz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dritte Reich
As far as I know, historically, face covering started around the time of the Abbassid caliphs who were influenced by the Persians in this regard.
LOLZ!!!!!

If you are non-Muslim, don't mind my attitude; I am mental.
But, if you are Muslim, I want to tell you clearly that face veil is proved from several ahadith. Hadrat Ayesha (RAA) covering face is well-known to almost everyone. Also read, Surah Ahzab (33), verse 56 (?)

According to Imam Shafi'i (RA), Imam Ahmed ibn Hanbal (RA) & Imam Malik bin Anas (RA), face veil is compulsory. (As far as I know!)
According to Imam Abu Hanifah (RA) & other Hanafite scholars (RA), face veil is not obligatory inter se, but, becomes obligatory due to risk of fitna.

In view of almost all Hanafi scholars, tht time of Prophet (SAW) & Companions (RAA) was free of fitna ONLY. Therefore, they declare face veil to be obligatory (e.g. Shaami, Aalamgiri, etc.)
Dr. Zakir Naik says face veil is not compulsory, but, I think, even he would agree that it becomes obligatory due to fitna. He, thus, differs in his assessment of fitna. (Wallahu Aalam!)

Regards,
Abdul Rehman.