View Single Post
Old Saturday, October 28, 2006

Dritte Reich is on a distinguished road

@ jsmawais

lolz ? thats your educated response eh... right, well lets keep your judgmental "lolz" aside for a while and state the facts for a change:

1. I merely mentioned a historical recording of the inclusion of face veil in Muslim society, that has been well documented by historians. You may be tempted to challenge history itself, but do not dismiss my statement based on it without coming up with reasonable evidence.

My statement is reflected in most history books on Islam, and the research of Dr Ibrahim PhD on the subject supports it in the 4th para of this article http://www.irfi.org/articles/women_i...slam_hijab.htm

Feel free to pick up any other history book if you have the stomach for it.

2. I did not intend to get into the religious aspects of this topic, and I still dont intend to force-feed my opinions to anyone (unlike some of us here)...

My only observations are that you have not provided any concrete evidence of face covering. Please consult any tafsir/translation you wish regarding the ayats you mentioned. There is no mention of face covering. If there is do let us know.

If you are not averse to logic and research, pls read what Mr Ghamidi has to say about that http://www.al-mawrid.org/Content/Vie...?articleId=140

3. Without getting into controversies, I acknowledge the fact that many scholars have attempted to link face covering and ahadith/shariah. There are more views than one and I subscribe to the views of Mr Ghamidi and other noted scholars whereby the face covering of Mothers of the Believers (wives of the Prophet) was a special injunction towards their exalted status and modesty. Their research into the Ahadith notes this very connection, and not towards women other than them. Lord knows best.

4. Lastly, it is my sincere advice to people who may be tempted to display arrogance in the face of ignorance, to please expand your horizons. Keep an open mind and be tolerant towards other's opinions, especially in matters of faith. If you come across things that challenge your childhood madrassah knowledge, do not dismiss them off hand. You do not have to agree with it, but please have the courtesy to extend the intellectual respect that is due.

Last edited by Dritte Reich; Saturday, October 28, 2006 at 03:52 AM.