View Single Post
Old Sunday, October 29, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation

Khuram is on a distinguished road

@ STRAIN2

Thanks for your valuable advices. Quran is there for everyone to understand and to seek guidance out of it for living a valid meaningful life. But Quran is NOT as much difficult as some Mufti Hazrat present it to be. A reasonably educated person should have every right to read, understand and extract guidance from Quranic teachings. Some muftis realy want to monopolize the Quranic knowledge -- by imposing those conditions which are out of reach of a common educated person. If you try to look around the top governmental seats that relate to matters of interpreting shariah ... you shall find that there is hold and monopoly of certain families on such high governmental positions. Mufti Usmani family is also prominent in this respect.

Islam is not like Berhamaism where only Berhamans are supposed to be the sole possessors of all their religious knowledge. My duty was just to point out certain things. And I have pointed out those things before reasonably educated people. I had to adopt strict argumentative method because I was restricted ... to not to talk over matters relating to Quran.

Anyways, I understand that this is an Academic type forum ... So we should avoid talking on controversial issues. I accept all the recent valid points of brother Abdul Rehman. Because now I want to close down this debate ... because this is an Academic forum ... which is not meant for endless debates over controversial matters.

Thanks!

Last edited by Khuram; Sunday, October 29, 2006 at 06:45 PM.