View Single Post
Old Friday, April 22, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all
Default The First Bomb Blast that is Welcomed

If we want to know the true public opinion about a burning issue, we should leave the internet for a while and mix with the common people on the street. Today, i came to know this while getting hair-cut at a barber shop. While waiting for my turn, i listened the people sitting there reading newspapers and commenting on current issues.
The hot topic was Bomb blast at a gambling den in karachi and most were of the view that this was the first bomb on target. According to them, the bombs have so far destroyed girls school, shrines of religious personalities and government offices but this one has destroyed a gambling den that was being run by some powerful persons and police had closed its eyes for some "reasons"
One of the person proposed more such attacks on prostitution dens, drug mafia and corrupt officials to purge the society of these evils as government has miserably failed in enforcing law in these fields.
I am wondering if this is the right approach and will it not encourage the Talibans or whoever are behind these attacks as people have started supporting their act. ? What you people say ?
Fading Glimpse (Friday, April 22, 2011), unsolved_Mystery (Saturday, April 23, 2011)