View Single Post
Old Friday, May 06, 2011

Verbose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
Its a Chinese saying. I have been contemplating it since one hour but failed to arrive any conclusion.

Is it True or False? Your Comments.

In my opinion it means to preach against storing.

Scholarly people are now questioning the idea of wealth accumulation.
"In many developed countries, the gap between the wealthiest individuals and everyone else is steadily growing. In the United States, hedge fund kings and queens, CEOs of large companies, and celebrities make amounts of money that would have been inconceivable even fifty years ago.
Recognizing that people relish competition, I've proposed that individuals be allowed to make as much money as possible but that they'd have to give to philanthropy any amount that is more than one hundred times as great as that average income-so, in the contemporary US, anything above four million dollars per annum. An individual could earn one billion, but would have to contribute the vast bulk (996 million) to charitable causes."

Harvard Professor, Howard Garner

Religious Scriptures also propagate the idea of giving away 'the extra'.
"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" Mathew 6:26
"O you who have believed, spend from the good things which you have earned and from that which We have produced for you from the earth." Al Baqarah, 2:267