View Single Post
Old Tuesday, June 07, 2011
39th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit  09Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

maliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of light

1. In your opinion, what do you think, what do the Panel look for in the candidate?
In my very own personal opinion (again, others might hold a different viewpoint), your knowledge has already been tested at the written stage which has a 4/5th weightage in the 1500 total marks. At the interview stage, the Viva pannel as well as the Psychologists are looking at the overall personality outlook of the candidate, his/her mannerism, to an extent his/her general understanding of national and world affairs, his/her way of conveying this knowledge, his/her argumentative style and most importantly his/her approach towards things, life and Civil Services. It is around these aspects that the entire three day interview process is structured.

2. Do we have to revise our optional Subjects for the interview? Did you?
Yes, you do have to revise the optional subjects. But this revision does not have to be really really in-depth as done at the time of written examination. You need to know the major concepts/events/incidents etc. Frankly the amount of questioning that takes place on the optional subjects varies from candidate to candidate. In my case, I was not asked about optionals at all (if I recall correctly). What I have figured out is that if a candidate has other things to talk about and the pannel has other things to ask him/her, then the questions on optionals are usually kept at a lower priority.

3. What kind of language, Tone, Stance (esp with regards to sensitive issues like Blasphemies, Army, Islam and other religions) should one adopt while giving Interview?
The language should always be mature, tone should be firm but polite. Stance should be moderate. This applies to interview with the pannel, interview with the Psychologists, group discussions and command tasks. There is no need to adopt hardliner attitudes. Your knowledge, facts and arguments should speak for themselves without your attitude and behaviour. Always give respect to what your colleagues say.
andleeb Akhter (Wednesday, October 24, 2012), Antalpur (Tuesday, March 31, 2015), Ms Emyra (Tuesday, June 07, 2011), niazikhan2 (Friday, July 01, 2011), Sajjad Magsi (Sunday, December 02, 2012), SYEDA SABAHAT (Wednesday, June 08, 2011)