View Single Post
Old Tuesday, June 21, 2011

aries eagle is on a distinguished road

well i dont claim to be the ,nor i am!but i would try to answer the very questions on my own..

CHRONICLE:history of events

EPITAph:tombstone

LACONIC:pithy,epigrammatic,brevity(noun),short,abr idged so on and so forth.Basically laconic has been taken from the name of city laconia of province sparta ;whose soldiers were very daring and always game for fighting so they used to have a short speech and then would start fighting ... so it refers to their speech..

CURTAILED,boil down(verb)

SHINGLE:1 refers to the beach that has stony ground, 2 refers to the boards of doctors ,lawyers and tutors hung in front of their building to aadvertise them.

FILIAL:In oxford dictionary this is a bit confusing but we can take a precise guess on refernce to relation towards son and daughters

MESOPEDIA:MESO means hatred so its the gall for kids... similarly mesogynist means hatred for woman and mesogamist m,eans hatred for marriage. (every one should have a knowledge of myths ,legends ,french,italian,greek atleast their basics to be sure on vocabulary)

MENAGE:means household...Do mind looking up the word menage a trois and its pronunciation;no immorality is intended ,just want to give the beginners a sense of philology !
(B)it should not be antonyms ;if so then let me know the antonym of brace.BRACE means to prepare oneself for certain thing,once someone is braced how could it be unbraced?anyways if its an miscellaneous question its not that hard to answer to.

ANNIHILATE:supplement and augment (both are antonyms but not the exact)

BRACE:v can take invigorate as a synonyms

BRUSQUE:curt is synonym of it and smooth is opposite to it and abrupt too.

CONCORD:accord is synonym and variance is oppposite

DIPLOMATIC:bungling,besmirch,spoil(antonym),all others could be synonyms

HYPOCRICY:uprightness is opposite ,all others are synonym

ONEROUS:fluent is the only options because all others are synonym.

this was a little effort to help the brothers and sisters ;i would very much like if anyone comments,redress,gainsay,add to and appreciate it!

Last edited by Princess Royal; Wednesday, June 22, 2011 at 02:53 AM.