View Single Post
Old Thursday, August 11, 2011

chemguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanbaba512 View Post
Pleasing MQM is not the panacea for this unrest..If PPP had some sincerity to karachi'tes then it would've called army long ago..They just want to complete their term..Otherwise it is not a hard job to find another NASEERULLAH BABAR..maybe zulfikar mirza can play his role if PPP wanted to..in the time of NASEERULLAH BABAR mqm was not exterminated but their power was curbed to a large extent..jahan laad na chalay wahan Danday se kam chala lena chahiye..
I am sure General Ashfaq Kiyani and ISI had talked to government about this issue before their formal announcement. And I am sure their opinion was to avoid Karachi siege.
A couple of reasons, for one, Karachi is our economic centre. Our country is already going through a economic crisis. A siege would ensue strained foreign relations, foreign hostility ("Pakistan is a failed state" - Some country, probably Britain), import and export being affected.

Don't forget that we are already deep in a war that wasn't ours to begin with. Our armed forces are busy there. Apart from that our ISI and CIA have their daggers drawn (What's with the 25 member team 6 helicopter crashing?)
There are also other issues, like our mired recent-past of army rule, the possibility of our people uprising if there were a Karachi mayhem.

If Army had come, it would have killed indiscriminately. Poor, rich, evil or otherwise. I think there is a moral obligation to avoid this line of action.

Considering the above problems, a call to Zardari would've been easier. Giving him a choice between LG revival, and military rule. Our president loves his office wayyy more than his ego. Army played the right cards.