Thread: Y not Urdu ?
View Single Post
Old Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

I M Possible will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by asma chaudhary
" 22 february is the international mother tongue day? do u know why? in fact on 22 feb, 1952, east pakistani police killed students who were protesting that bangla should be declared the national language as well along with urdu."

Well Pakistan had two wings till 1971. That must be clear to you. Bangalis wanted to have Bangla language as national language for pakistan and Others from west Pakistan wanted Urdu as national language. 22 Feb, 1952 is a memorable day when the violation against urdu incremented and students were being killed in response to their protest.

Quote:
i didn,t get this point, can you please explain this to me again?
also i am not getting that what will be the effect by declaring arabic /english as a national language. i dislike only one thing when people feel embaracement by using urdu as a medium of talking.
if i am wrong any where, please correct me.

jazakAllah khair
Well i am of the pine that we should follow the order of the day. If we have to use english as our conversation language then we should use it. but we need not to throw back our Urdu, we should use it wherever we find it good to use it. We should give equal importance to both languages. Example of China is before us, they never eel shy in using Chineses as edium of conversation but their english is also strong. They never hesitate to use it too.

Regards