View Single Post
Old Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 25Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,898 Times in 694 Posts
Hamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
+1, I am searching the thread for books and those which I ll not find will let u know and ask u later
Another request
Sir can u please share the daily routine u followed for study? In other words please share the daily n weekly timetable of urs please
I don't have that timetable with me anymore,althoigh its saved in my diary which is stuffed somewhere in my house in Pakistan.But I shall try to help you by making a rough one.

21st to 25th December:Indo Pak history I + Current affairs

Topics to be done on 21st:
Muhammad bin Qasim,ghauri,ghaznawi
Pak India relations,Pak Iran relations,energy crisis

Topics to be done on 22nd:

Aibak,Balban,Iltutmish,Allaudin Khalji
Pak US relations,US AFPAK policy.KL bill

and so on....after finishing with these two,I would start maybe Journalism and Islamiyat from 26th onwards.I kept on revising current affairs after every 3 or 4 subjects.I read DAWN daily,and saved the cuttings of important news and articles with me.As I have said,I never made a daily timetable,that I shall study for that many hours and from this time to that,rather I settargets for myself like I have exemplified above;written targets.Note that it was probably my 2nd revision during these December days.The first time you do any subject it takes more time.After the 2nd revision my speed incrased considerably,and in the next two months before the exams,I was able to do 5 to 6 more revisions.On the average,I had revised every subject 8 times atleast.I started proper preparation in September,with a 3 week gap in between for my final university exams.As I have already mentioned somewhere in this thread previously,its not about the number of hours you put in to study;its about the study that you put into those hours.One edge I had was that Alhamdulilah my english was very good and I never had to work on it.Secondly,I was so much into a reading habit that I had read hundreds of books before even thinking of taking this exam,so that obviously helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal Malik View Post
@Hamza you've been very helpful and I appreciate your efforts, thanks a lot. I wanted to ask you whether to attempt islamiat in english or urdu? And what book would you suggest for that? Also I wanted to know your email for directly contacting you. I searched for it on your profile but couldn't get it from there. Once again, thanks a lot for your efforts.

I shall advise yoy to attempt Islamiyat in english.
I have already suggested books for that in the post where I have put light upon Islamiyat preparation.Kindly refer to that.
You should feel free to post here.I shall reply to any kind of querry that you have.In this way my answer would benefit others as well who have the same querries as you have.About my email ID,its not shared here.I shall consult the moderators and ask them if its worthwhile to share it publicly on the forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hamza Salick For This Useful Post:
dms664 (Tuesday, August 23, 2011)