View Single Post
Old Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,576 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshan wadhwani View Post
PRECIS (106):
HEADING: POVERTY—A BLESSING

Poverty improves a man’s faculties and refines him ethically. History shows that many a great people of the world were originally poor. Despite poverty, they were generous, honest and courageous. They assumed their poverty as a blessing and remained satisfied and achieved great things. Poverty should not be confused with misery which results from wickedness. Surely one need not feel ashamed of one’s poverty. The poor are usually happier than the rich. Moore has told the story of an oriental King whose investigation showed that the happiest man was so poor as not to have even a shirt on his back.
They considered their poverty a blessing.

needs because One is singular.OR it will be better if you write ,One should not

too poor to have a shirt to his back. (Even should be used but I couldn't fit it)

Overall another good attempt
The Following User Says Thank You to Farrah Zafar For This Useful Post:
Roshan wadhwani (Tuesday, August 23, 2011)