View Single Post
Old Monday, September 26, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

imbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of light

Umar's Deen: In Sahih Al-Bukhari,

the Prophet (sas) bore witness to the superiority of Umar ibn Al-Khattab in his deen, saying: "While I was sleeping, I saw the people being presented to me. Each of them was wearing a shirt. Some reached to their breast and some reached farther than that. Then Umar was shown to me with his shirt reaching all the way to the ground." They asked: 'How do you interpret it, Allah's Messenger?' He said: 'Ad-deen (practice)'"

From Sahih Al-Bukhari,

the Prophet (sas) said: 'While sleeping, I drank - meaning milk - until I saw springs coming from my fingernails. Then, I gave Umar some to drink.' They said: 'How do you interpret it, Allah's Messenger?' He said: 'Knowledge.'

Umar's Knowledge:

Umar was among the very few most knowledgeable of the Companions coming only after Abu Bakr. He took his knowledge straight from Allah's Messenger (sas), who bore witness to Umar's position and his knowledge. Those who accuse Umar and others of betraying Islam, "stealing" the Caliphate, etc. should fear Allah in giving the lie to the clear testimony of Allah's Messenger (sas) himself.

Umar's Power and Personal Strength:

Umar was a person of great individual strength and fortitude. He was one of the two 'Umars' which the Prophet (sas) asked Allah to bless Islam with before he had become Muslim.

In Sahih Al-Bukhari,

the Prophet (sas) said: "While sleeping, I saw myself at a well on which there was a water bucket. I took from the well the amount which Allah wished. Then, Abu Bakr took the bucket and took out a bucket or two and in his drawing of water was weakness - and Allah forgive him his weakness. Then it (the bucket) was transformed into a huge barrel. Umar took this barrel and began drawing water. I never saw any leader among the people who could pull the water like Umar ibn Al-Khattab until the people sent their camels to their pens." The meaning of "sent their camels to their pens" is that that the people got all the water they needed for themselves and for all of their animals until their camels were fully loaded with water.

From At-Tirmidhi,

the Prophet (sas) said: "Allah has placed the truth on the tongue of Umar and on his heart."