View Single Post
Old Monday, September 26, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

imbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of light

Awareness of the Companions of Umar's Position Among Them: "During the time of the Prophet (sas), we never equated anyone with Abu Bakr then Umar then Uthman. We left the remainder of the Companions of the Prophet (sas) and never made comparisons between them."
(Abu Daud - sahih)

Great Respect of the Prophet for Umar: In Sahih Al-Bukhari,

the Prophet (sas) said: "While I was sleeping I saw myself in paradise. Then there was a woman making wudhuu by the side of a palace. I said: 'Whose is this palace?'. They said: 'It is Umar's.' I remembered the jealousy of Umar and I turned to leave. Then, Umar cried and said: 'Could I be jealous over you, Messenger of Allah?!'".

The Iman of Umar:

The Prophet (sas) taught us that to a true believer Allah and His Messenger (sas) are more beloved than all else, including ones on self/life. In Sahih Al-Bukhari, Abdullah ibn Hisham reports: "We were with the Prophet (sas) and he took the hand of Umar ibn Al-Khattab. Umar said to the Prophet (sas): 'O Allah's Messenger, you are dearer to me than all else except for myself.' The Prophet (sas) said to him: 'No, by the One in whose hand my soul is not until I am dearer to you than even your self.' Umar said: 'Now, by Allah, you are dearer to me than my own self.' The Prophet (sas) said: 'Now, O Umar.'"