View Single Post
Old Monday, October 03, 2011

Thanked 1,417 Times in 749 Posts
SADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by usman khalid View Post
I

It would be pertinent to remove another misconception which people might have in understating the word Khalifa. Khilifa means "representation". Man, according to Islam, is the representative of Allah on earth, His vice-gerent; that is to say, by virtue of the powers delegated to him by Allah, and within the limits prescribed, he is required to exercise Divine authority. Now is this not made part of our constitution as preamble of objective resolution? Does every president and prime minister of Islamic Country while taking oath not testify this? So every leader which takes oath under this testimony is virtually a Khalifa.

I would like to end my argument on the following saying of Iqbal:

Jalal-e-paadshahi ho, ya jamhoori tamasha ho
Juda ho deen syasat say, tou reh jaati hai chengezi
plz re-read the above line --it implies that there are more then 50 khalifaz on our earth..is it ??there are more then 50 islamic states in the world and u mean all are caliphs?? then what is the difference between saudi shahs and irani ayotolllas ..and what about other leaders of islamic state??YOU mean all are caliphs.. the u must have some knowledge of islamic caliphate system because khalifa should be one at one time ... give me any example from history where there were more then one caliphs on the earth..

Quote:
wonder how you have concluded from the above post that Quaid wanted a Secular State…. Come on! This saying of the quaid is exactly opposite of what you have said. You are saying that Islam has fused political system with religion and that quaid wanted a secular state…. Ok if this is true and if quaid knew it then why quaid referred to the Holy Quran, Islamic teachings time and time again while discussing the purpose of creating Pakistan? Why Quaid wanted to base laws of the country on Islamic principles? Or more precisely what was the need of even referring to the religion; Islam? There is no point in confusing Islamic Legislature, teachings and systems as Islamic Califphate, Islamic Monarchy or Islamic Democracy. Whatever meanings these terms may have… the baseline is that Islam is not a religion only… it is a deen…it is a complete code of life… which must have to be implemented under any system for the welfare of humanity… and then whatever name you give to this system… it will be actually Islamic system of governance not a secular system. And do you know that Islam embodies rules and guidance for all aspects of life including politics… Religion makes only a certain percentage of Islamic teachings… As such, Quranic legislation governs religious obligations as well as legal relations or legal transactions. Islamic law draws a distinction between ibadat (“devotional obligations”) and muamalat (“legal relations”). Ibadat include the five pillars of Islam, or religious obligations, while muamalat includes family law (marriage, divorce, child custody, inheritance and wills), contracts, torts and property law; the law of crime and punishment; and the law of war and peace.

first i what have said it was the interpretations as quaid did not wanted islamic system fused with religion and you urself admitting what i have said as it is complete code of life ,then why democracy is intoduced ?? sysytem matters more and system governs ..how you can say system is not matter of oue concern.democracy meaninig in one word is freedom... And islam did not give us freedom but to some extent but with conditions ... if Quaid had stressed on holy mattres and he wanted Islamic state then first order after the creation of pakistan should be declaration od islamic state and pakistan would not have become islamice republic in 1973.objective resolution testify those as PM`s AND PRESIDENTS not caliphs...plz share refernce if objective resolutionn state prime ministers are caliphs and also objective resolution had been paased only in pakistan not in all islamic countries

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRAIN2 View Post
@SADIA SHAFIQ
I think you are having some trouble of understanding two terms "Secular" and "Islamic". May i ask you to please expain your concept of "Secular state" and "Islamic State". This will help us further discuss the tpoic.
i have no misconception .i only presented what u have posted ...islamic state means where all laws are modified according to islamic legislature and under the rule of ijtehad and secular state means the implementation of all rules which are islamic as well as accorded to world legislature ..i.e i will say women can not divorce to islamic law, but acc to pakistani law she can and there are many more things which can be given as an example

Last edited by Rixwan; Monday, October 03, 2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Merged