View Single Post
Old Sunday, October 09, 2011
40th CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 177

mubeen saeed will become famous soon enoughmubeen saeed will become famous soon enough
Default Please help me in my Research Project

AoA all
I'm doing Diploma TEFL and i need to conduct a research project for Sociolinguistics, plz help me by answering following questions.

1-Does language affect identity?
2-Does identity affect language?
3- Is the relationship between language and identity deep rooted or shallow?
4-The ingredients of identity i-e age, gender, culture, politics, history etc are to what extent related with language? 5-Does the dominant language or culture make the subordinate language inferior or it is the mentality of the speakers that they start to associate superiority to the dominant language?
6-Why the people living in multilingual societies find one or the other language more expressive?
7-A study conducted in Armania reveals that the people of Armania finds Russian to be more expressive language than their native language , is it also applicable on Pakistani situation?
8- How and to what extent teaching of English is affecting Pakistani languages?
9- What will be the affect of massive borrowing of English words in Pakistani languages in coming fifty years?
10- Can this massive borrowing lead to extinction of these languages?

11-Do you esteem your native languages? if yes , to what extent? And if no, why?
12- The language used to communicate with their peers by our youth is gradually shifting from regional languages to English, why is it so?

13- The division of education system in English medium and Urdu medium is infect dividing the society on linguistic basis, how this division can be blurred?
14- To preserve our language identity, what measures are needed to be taken?
I need ur personal opinion regarding it.
Regards.