View Single Post
Old Sunday, October 09, 2011

Thanked 1,417 Times in 749 Posts
SADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant future

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by mubeen saeed View Post
AoA all
I'm doing Diploma TEFL and i need to conduct a research project for Sociolinguistics, plz help me by answering following questions.

1-Does language affect identity?
Yes ,offcourse it affects .language shape the culture and society and communication is done only by this way -- i mean from language .How it affects??

1.In case having own nation language it enhance "communication"
2.it describe the traits,norms of particular society
3.if certain language that is consider supreme as we have regional languages or in case of international language it creates

1.divide between people who communicate with superior language.if punjabi is considered superior then arabic /persian in punjab and punjabi dramas are often channeled on national level .where persian/balochi/sindhi languages did not enjoy such level.the result would be people will suffer from identiti crisis and will try to these terms
"code switching"
and when they will not succeed in this regard ,this will led to socual alienation and result would
1.unemployment--coz they can not communicate and intermix
2.rebellions due to social deprivation
3.terrorism due to poverty

Quote:
2-Does identity affect language?
yes,it also affects...

1.if culture ,norms,folkways and other things have some thing innovative.
as
mughal architecture impressed English .but expectations of it are low as compared to first question...
mubeen saeed (Monday, October 10, 2011)