View Single Post
Old Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thanked 1,417 Times in 749 Posts
SADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mubeen saeed View Post
AoA all
3- Is the relationship between language and identity deep rooted or shallow?
yes ,off course .we can classify identity as a whole and language as a symbol of particular identity .one can say our 90% communication can be performed in non-verbal language (identity) and 10 % in the form of language .but how new offspring become acquainted with their ancestoral ID. THAT IS BY DINT OF LANGUAGE .the commnincatioon of other symbols such as gender,religion and so can be done in the form of none verbal language..that`s why each ID has its particular language which make it differemt from other languages too...
Quote:

9- What will be the affect of massive borrowing of English words in Pakistani languages in coming fifty years?
s

The influence of superior language can`t be denied and language gained superiority when particular culture ,habitat, living style all things are designed in innovative mode. you know english has been categorised in to different forms acc. to particular countory coz it is now spoken in most countries except the Arab world .this is because Arab natonlism slogan has suppressed the west ID..

code switching ...

as we speak urdu then turn into english then to urdu .this is called code switching

code mixing

when we speak urduu language we have borrowed words of englis languuage ..
i,e
tum ne apne homework complete kar liya he

3.one language across the globe

4.one culture or one id or wetersn id in pakistan
I have answers of other question too ..but typing problem hindered a lot even the questions which replied can be replied in more better term by me if i would be well versed in the key board buttoons ..i will try to answer you if i have time
mubeen saeed (Tuesday, October 11, 2011)