View Single Post
Old Sunday, October 16, 2011
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,576 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadia Khan View Post
Precis:
There is the need of hour to understand Democracy and Dictatorship in terms of their influence on the state property. two problems are associated with state property. Those who own the property within a government becomes too powerful and their subject turns to be mere puppet in their hands. They hide the truth from the mob. It reflects the weakness of the society and is a perplexed issue for the whole society. So the state ought to be understood, without that one could not understand the society.
where is "Title" ?

"There" should be replaced by "it".It is the need of hour.

"Mob" doesn't suit here.

nature of state proprietorship should be understood.

I appreciate your attempt but you need to practice it more.

Good Luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacas View Post
Precis: Comprehension of democracy and dictatorship is significant due to their disparate mode of property correspondence for state property. The one who controls the state’s land and income becomes all powerful through employment of might muscle and compulsion and act as absolute monarch. The mysterious question of know how of controller is perplex and is always secreted by whole social structure all over the personage history. This ownership signifies the shortcoming of any society which when further exposed could alienate and tender both non socialized and socialized stake so people prefer not to ponder over this delicate issue. Complete apprehension of state ownership nature is associated only with knowledge of instincts of society. (Total Words – 112)

Title :- Understanding State proprietorship
Precis's purpose is to make passage easy to understand

You replaced easy word "understanding" with a comparatively difficult word "comprehension" And there are many other such words in your precis.Kindly keep in mind,you have to make things simpler not more complex

Frankly speaking,the original passage was easier than your precis.As it's your first attempt so you can improve it by practice.

Keep it up !

Last edited by Inerrant Inamorata; Tuesday, October 07, 2014 at 12:54 PM. Reason: chain posts