View Single Post
Old Sunday, October 23, 2011
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 5399

armaghan_arif is on a distinguished road
Default my opinion

1-Does language affect identity?
yes
2-Does identity affect language?
yes
3- Is the relationship between language and identity deep rooted or shallow?
its deep rooted
4-The ingredients of identity i-e age, gender, culture, politics, history etc are to what extent related with language?
they r greatly related i would qoute an example of urdu hindi controversy which opened new politics for muslims of india and urdu was considered as a symbol of muslims and it was believed by the hindus that if urdu is eradicated it would affect muslim culture so in my opinion language affects
5-Does the dominant language or culture make the subordinate language inferior or it is the mentality of the speakers that they start to associate superiority to the dominant language?
i believe its mentality of the speaker he considers himself superior while speaking a dominant language

6-Why the people living in multilingual societies find one or the other language more expressive?

7-A study conducted in Armania reveals that the people of Armania finds Russian to be more expressive language than their native language , is it also applicable on Pakistani situation?
8- How and to what extent teaching of English is affecting Pakistani languages?
in my opinion yes english is affecting native language greatly

9- What will be the affect of massive borrowing of English words in Pakistani languages in coming fifty years?
urdu would not remain in its intact form however it can b beneficial as well because it can enrich urdu and introduce different and new expressions in it

10- Can this massive borrowing lead to extinction of these languages?
if such borrowings would continue on a large scale it can lead to the extinction of native languages

11-Do you esteem your native languages? if yes , to what extent? And if no, why?
yes i esteem my language greatly
12- The language used to communicate with their peers by our youth is gradually shifting from regional languages to English, why is it so?
because people consider speaking english as a sign of pride

13- The division of education system in English medium and Urdu medium is infect dividing the society on linguistic basis, how this division can be blurred?
by introducing the need of urdu language in our society

14- To preserve our language identity, what measures are needed to be taken?
urdu must be made a need of people in competitive exams it must be introduced it must be made an official language assembly proceeding and radio and television programs must b presented i n pure urdu language

I need ur personal opinion regarding it.
Regards.