View Single Post
Old Monday, October 24, 2011

black shadow is on a distinguished road

1-Does language affect identity?
sure it does
2-Does identity affect language?
yes it does
3- Is the relationship between language and identity deep rooted or shallow?
yes
4-The ingredients of identity i-e age, gender, culture, politics, history etc are to what extent related with language?
very much as you can see difference between a woman' language and man's then a mature and teenager would use different vocabulary etc
5-Does the dominant language or culture make the subordinate language inferior or it is the mentality of the speakers that they start to associate superiority to the dominant language?
the culture affects first then the personality effect comes
6-Why the people living in multilingual societies find one or the other language more expressive?
it is about the common medium like in pakistan six languages are spoken but many people find it easy to use urdu
7-A study conducted in Armania reveals that the people of Armania finds Russian to be more expressive language than their native language , is it also applicable on Pakistani situation?
could be
8- How and to what extent teaching of English is affecting Pakistani languages?
yes to certain extend it is affecting because use of english has made urdu n regional languages a tool for low status people
9- What will be the affect of massive borrowing of English words in Pakistani languages in coming fifty years?
the other languages would loose their charm and words
10- Can this massive borrowing lead to extinction of these languages?
yes to some extend

11-Do you esteem your native languages? if yes , to what extent? And if no, why? my language is punjabi n if i speak punjabi people dont consider my worth as an educated being
12- The language used to communicate with their peers by our youth is gradually shifting from regional languages to English, why is it so? media and complex attitude has done it so

13- The division of education system in English medium and Urdu medium is infect dividing the society on linguistic basis, how this division can be blurred? by using one language
14- To preserve our language identity, what measures are needed to be taken? to promote it in all the fields of life
I need ur personal opinion regarding it.
Regards.
The Following User Says Thank You to black shadow For This Useful Post:
mubeen saeed (Monday, October 24, 2011)