View Single Post
Old Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Fatima47 has a spectacular aura aboutFatima47 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamza Salick View Post
Right.Dhakkey se di hui BSC ki degree ko kon manta hey.Punjab University declined their request to award armed forces personnel a BA degree,as they weren't of the 'level required to obtain a B.A from Punjab University.NUST se li gai BSc degree army officers k lye isi tarah he jaise me appne gharr me ek university khol k sub family members ko PhD ki degree jaari kurne lag jaoon.
Well, I agree with you.

Your post reminds me of an acquaintance who was 16th best in the whole academy (in fact before his fourth term, he was the topper and was supposed to get appointment of ASUO, though he ruined his fourth term and became BSUO). Now he holds a BCS degree and is one hell of a TECH-NO when it comes to IT. He told me that they dont get enough time for studies in academy (because of the hectic routine) so what happens is that they are taught 10 QUESTIONS (notice the term questions and not topics) in each terms and their teachers tell them that these 5 questions are important and they prepare only those 5 questions. Now should these people really be awarded a degree? That would be unjust to others who work hard in other universities to get the very degrees.

NUST has a repute but at the same time I believe UET, NED, LUMS and other universities are far better than NUST. Its just that NUST is being run by military so it has a market name, thats all. When it comes to PMA GCs being awarded degrees from NUST, I feel that will further degrade degree of NUST. I do not see any point of four years training other than awarding them a degree from NUST because PMA has already seen precedent of 4 year training programme once (when it inducted GCs having matriculation degrees) and everyone knows how they created hell in units. Enough said!
Hamza Salick (Wednesday, November 02, 2011), jawwad ahmad (Sunday, December 11, 2011)