View Single Post
Old Saturday, November 12, 2011

Tenrai is on a distinguished road
Default CS 2011, JAVA instead of C/C++, whats next?

Asalaam Alaykum

As we all know CS 2011 paper was a tough cookie, but I must say it was not that difficult. My paper was not exceptional however I believe I'll fair ok. The thing that bothered me the most is the fact Syllabus clearly entails:

Structured and Object Oriented Programming
Basics of C/C++ environment, memory concepts. operators, control structures, selection structures, Array & functions/methods, classes & data Abstractions, inheritance and polymorphism.

Emphasis being on C/C++, yet the paper questioned regarding JAVA. Now there are a couple dozen structured/OOP languages and we can't possible become proficient at them all. At first I thought maybe it was a one-time thing and may be CS 2012 questions for Structured and Object oriented Programming section will revert to C/C++ –What if that is not the case and before we know it we are being questioned regarding Ruby, Python or Emerald.

I feel cheated because I was robbed of 20 marks for a question that would have been easy to bag. Since I am, a proficient .Net programmer JAVA is alien to me.

Your thoughts on the topic

Regards

Tenrai
天来