View Single Post
Old Friday, December 02, 2011
43rd CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 163

siddiqui88 is just really nicesiddiqui88 is just really nicesiddiqui88 is just really nicesiddiqui88 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaara~hussain View Post
And I need a little help. how can I improve my memory exceptionally well? I mean I have always been poor at 'cramming.' But this time, I seriously want to cram the things that are to be crammed.
For cramming, try the following tips,

1. Things that are to be memorized, do them either before sleep or early in the morning, because if one sleeps just after memorizing something it helps in retention. Likewise the mind is fresh in early morning that's why it takes lesser time to memorize things in these hours.

2. Make a separate profile for those things which need cramming like quotations, facts and figures etc. keep it separate and have look at it time and again.

3. Use as many learning skills as possible if you want to retain things effectively i.e. first read it silently and attentively (reading skill), memorize, read it aloud (speaking and listening skill), recall (visualize), and write it down (writing skill)

4. Revise as often as possible.

These are tactics which work best for me as I am also poor at cramming. I hope these will work.

Regards,
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to siddiqui88 For This Useful Post:
Invincible (Friday, December 02, 2011), mazar (Friday, December 02, 2011), RAHMATULLAH (Friday, December 02, 2011), xaara~hussain (Friday, December 02, 2011)