View Single Post
Old Friday, December 02, 2011

Da Skeptic will become famous soon enoughDa Skeptic will become famous soon enough
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by memuna View Post
@ DA_ SKEPTIC

yes brother....i understand..of course i wont copy n paste...and about only passing....may be yes cause basically i was science student so i had no interest in literature BUT as i am in to it now...i really want to get thru it nicely..not by barely passing...what i need is just a word of satisfaction that will the analysis based on my understanding from these books and internet be enough to get good marks???
i wish if just a word of satisfaction could do.. the primary requirement for gettin thru literature is the aesthetic sense and an inclination towards it.. but somehow u hav got in, u hav to read wisely and extensively to develop the skill of personal interpretation and analysis.. first write down ur analysis, then analyze it by urself.. and after two or three times of revision, reconsideration and rewriting, ur words will defntly b better than the first draft.. try it and see it urself.. and for further help there are all volunteers here.. hope u would do well.. regards..

Quote:
Originally Posted by entirely stranger View Post
Assalam o Alaikum ... i also have given exam of MA english, part I... actually I cant cram anything as it is ... so i just consulted daniyal guide series vd full concentration, according to me its a good guide....i also cleared my concepts from internet .... then i wrote everything in my own wording.. and yes i also read sm books of NKM, these r very easy and quite simple... according to me... i understand prologue to canterbury tales from NKM bc i found quite easy to understand verses from it... now i dnt know weather i wud b able to get good marks or not...and also i did not elongate anything... i was also a science student and for improving my English i have chosen MA English....and my answers were not more than 5 pages...
Now those will say anything about all this who have completed their MA English...and plz give sm suggestion for preparation of MA English part II also...
my dear, first thing that u shudnt hav opted english literature for improvin ur english.. secndly i hav almost completed my masters in eng lit.. but i never wrote an answer more than 2 pages for 10 marks.. n i hav got good marks for it.. i hav been re-iterating that the length doesnt matter my dear, the content matters.. while preparin for eng lit or any other lit, read as widely and variety of authors as possible.. extract their essence and add ur own flavour to it.. u neednt to elongate anything or it would result exaggeration on ur part and boredom n exasperation on the part of the examiner.. wish u gd lck.. regards

Last edited by marwatone; Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Posts merged.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Da Skeptic For This Useful Post:
Malicious (Thursday, November 22, 2012), memuna (Saturday, December 24, 2011)