View Single Post
Old Sunday, December 11, 2011
29th CTP, 3rd (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2000 - Merit 3rdMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

nadem will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by intelligentgal View Post
Thank you very much Sir for being here to clear our confusions.
I am in a fix- I want to write FSP as my first choice but i am not sure about the perks and privileges given to a 17th grade officer in FSP. Is it difficult to get a foreign posting without any reference? ( I have heard it) and even if one gets a foreign posting, is it easy for an officer to take his/her family along? and while posted inside does one get official residence easily?

Secondly is it advisable for girls to go for DMG? Are they too posted in far flung areas? And does a 17th grade officer in DMG get official residence?

Waiting anxiously for your reply
-As a first posting in FSP, an officer is posted as Assistant Director at any of the desks in Ministry of Foreign Affairs, he is given a room in the Officers' Hostel...no house is possible without a SERIOUS reference, because getting a house in Islamabad is difficult for even PSP/DMG officers, so it is further difficult for other groups. While being in Pak FSP officers are entitled to official car in BPS-20 and above, below it no official car is given and their salary in Pak is same like other similar grade officers.
-When posted abroad a BPS-17 officer of FSP is given furnished accomodation,vehicle and 3000 USD salary. They interact with good people. They are allowed to take along spouse and children. parents are not allowed.
- In BPS-17,18,19 most of the postings can be achieved without reference...the real competition starts after you get into the senior grades and one has to fight for brighter postings and the competition becomes tougher. FSP isnt very good for family point of view coz ur kids turn out to be some what hybride, semi-chinese, semi-european, semi-african and semi-pakistani type of mixture

-Yes! females are advisable to go for DMG, they are not posted in far fluged areas, rather preference is given to them for their posting in their home city. For example if a female is from Lahore, she would be given preference for her posting to be in Lahore. Yes! in field duties like working as AC and ASP; one gets official designated residence. When you are posted AC or ASP somewhere, you get a designated residence waiting for you(Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad and in some other metropoliton cities it is hard to find an official residence for both PSP & DMG, but both of these groups are most likely to get one when you compare them with civil servants) Only PSP & DMG are the two groups where one gets an official car and official residence on your first day of posting (exceptions can be there) but in more than 99% of the cases one will get it, coz an ASP or an AC cannot perform his/her duties without official car from the very first day.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nadem For This Useful Post:
Aamish Bhatti (Wednesday, February 22, 2012), aniya warraich (Tuesday, January 01, 2013), pisceankhan (Wednesday, September 17, 2014), Razzi (Friday, December 16, 2011)